Thursday 27 September 2012

7 things in 7 days

I have neglected this blog.....life has been busy but I might make an effort again, if only as an online sort of diary for myself.

p.s. weight wise I haven't stepped on the scales for over a week, but think they're probably hovering around the 14stone mark still - my eating has been up and down...

anyway....the reason for this post. I stumbled across a blogpost by Sprinkle of Glitter entitled 7 things for 7 days and I loved the idea of it. It's by lovely Louise whose videos I enjoy watching on Youtube, as she brightens my day (along with everyone else who watches I think!) Hope the links worked to her blog and channel - I'm all new at this!

So as for my 7 things.....

1. Ironing. The pile of kids clothes has been immense, but this morning I tackled my sons items, so just my daughters ever growing wardrobe to do (note to self NOT to buy her any more clothes!)

2. Reading. I have a book about Deborah Devonshire that I have been reading and although I'm enjoying it, I have to pick it up again and finish it off. Highly recommend this book also about the Mitfords (she was one of six Mitford sisters) quite simply extraordinary lives involving Debutante balls, war, Churchill, affairs, Hitler, prison, family, suicide and running away funds!

3. Crafts. I bought the most amazing craft activity a couple of weeks back and haven't even picked it up yet. It's Batman cross stitch and I must start it this week! Pattern bought from Etsy here


4.Eating. Yes I don't need to remind myself to eat...but to eat the right things maybe. Breakfasts, lunches and snacks are sorted and I'm good at planning and eating properly for these meals. But dinner?! It all goes wrong lately and I eat things that I'm trying not to and then in the evening, oh well, let's not talk about that shall we. So no more mindless eating crap that doesn't make me feel good. Instead I'm making a stack of my healthy pancakes to grab when I fancy a sweet treat. 

5. Wardrobe. Thanks for reminding me about this one Louise. My wardrobe is heaving....yet I have nothing to wear. Time for a major sort out. I'm planning on buying some shoe storage from Ikea because it will make my life perfect. 

This is the sort of thing I will be customising only much smaller........



I'm aiming for this style of shoe-drobe. A-maz-ing!


6. Reports. This is work related, but I think I need to put in writing that I need to complete all outstanding reports for work. Don't like to think about it but it needs to be done. 

7. Fun! Yes a reminder to have fun and do something! This could be going to the cinema, out for lunch, meeting up with a friend for coffee, or making use of a salon gift card I received for my birthday. Anything will do, but preferably something out of the house that involves interacting with other real life people!

Now that's what I call a plan!






No comments:

Post a Comment